Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lego Gollum Revealed (kinda)


Well, it didn't take long for Friday's News of Lego Lord of the Rings to generate severe buzz around the interwebs, and with any highly anticpated release there are usually spy pics. Having seen the preliminary pics I looked as best I could for hints of new creatures and creepys that could populate my Lego Monster collection. One thing that made me very happy was a fuzzy picture of Lego Gollum. Now, I was worried about this guy when I heard the news. I figured he'd end up a minifigure with a printed head, or at best a special head like Lego Dobby.
Lego Dobby from Harry Potter

Well, judging by this fuzzy little picture it looks like we're getting a special BODY sculpt for Gollum, which little Smeagol rightly deserves. I can't wait to get a better look at this little guy!

Lego Gollum from the Shelob Attacks Set

I was also pretty jazzed about the appearance of the Cave Troll, but we'll have to wait for a better picture of him. Shelob looked good, too, but she reminds me a LOT of the Aragog spider from the Harry Potter sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment